The Arts Castle Welcomes You
Thank you for considering The Arts Castle for your upcoming event! This historical and unique venue is one you and your guests will thoroughly enjoy and create many wonderful memories to cherish.
The primary function of The Arts Castle (Delaware County Cultural Arts Center) is to serve the community as an arts center and teaching facility. Consequently, we ask that all rental functions be compatible with our mission. The Arts Castle is a private, non-profit organization.
On this page, you will find a complete description of the facility and equipment available to you. A rental agreement form to fill out will be provided when booking.
If you have any questions, please call us at (740) 369-2787 or email us
The two main gathering spaces available for rent are the first-floor Parlor/Library and the second-floor Grand Ballroom. To reach the second floor a chairlift is available for those who are mobility impaired.
Parlor/Library (336 sq. ft.):
• Stand-up reception with chairs – 40
• Receptions with tables and chairs – 24
Grand Ballroom (1,000 sq. ft.):
• Stand-up reception with chairs – 100
• Receptions with tables and chairs – 72
Second Floor Kitchen:
Fully-equipped kitchen (refrigerator, range top, two ovens, dishwasher, microwave, and coffee maker) on the second floor adjacent to the ballroom may be also rented during your event.
The parking lot at the Elizabeth St. entrance has ten parking spaces including one handicap space. There is additional parking available along Winter St. and Elizabeth St.
Two unisex restrooms are located on the first floor. Both are handicap accessible.
Available at no extra charge are:
• 12 six-foot rectangular tables
• 12 round tables (48″ top over card tables) • 109 cushioned folding chairs
• Dining room table with 6 chairs (requested 7 days before the event)
Available at a nominal charge:
• Piano – there are three pianos available; one in the Parlor and two in the Music Room. Our staff will move a Music Room piano into the Ballroom for your event, if desired.
Rental spaces are available separately or all are included in entire building rentals
General Rental Policy Information
• A deposit (listed below) is required at the time of signing the rental agreement. No rental is guaranteed until the office receives a signed agreement and appropriate deposit.
• If a cancellation is received prior to one month before the scheduled event, 80% of the deposit will be refunded.
• Deposits are refunded one week after the event if Renter (organizations, groups or individuals) must abide by the following rules and policies or risk the loss of deposit or cancellation of their event with the loss of rental fee:
• All renters should confine their event to specific, rented areas within the building unless prior arrangements are made. Rental events must never interrupt or disturb the regular functions and activities of The Arts Castle.
• The renter assumes responsibility for the welfare of the facility during the rental period and is liable for any damages to the property and its contents.
• The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited, but renters may serve them to their guests.
• Smoking, open flames and candles are not permitted anywhere inside the building.
• Equipment is not to be “borrowed” or taken from the building, nor is it to be moved from room to room without prior arrangements or permission.
• Custodial staff will handle general set-up and take-down of the required equipment, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
• Any artwork on display in The Arts Castle must never be moved, removed or covered up.
• Use of nails, staples, thumbtacks or any other materials that could damage the walls or floors is prohibited. Instead, we encourage freestanding displays.
• Renters will put trash in the bins, remove decorations, clean up, dispose of food, and leave the building in an orderly way.
• Dishes, equipment, utensils, food, and supplies in the kitchen cabinets are the property of The Arts Castle and not to be used without paying for kitchen rental.
• The Arts Castle cannot take responsibility for accepting or storing food or equipment prior to your rental period. Please arrange for any deliveries to be made during rented time.
• The first floor of The Arts Castle is easily accessible to those with disabilities. The second floor is accessible by chair lift.
• While The Arts Castle may be rented any time of day, the building must be closed and locked at midnight.
• The fire escape off the Ballroom is for emergency use only, by order of the State Fire Marshal.
• General rental rules are followed and no damage is sustained to the building, its contents or equipment. Any damage in excess of the deposit will require the renter to repair the damages to the building, and/or replace contents or equipment.
• The rental fee is due one month before the event.
❑ Entire Building Full Day (up to 12 hrs): $1000+$500 Deposit – Half Day (up to 4 hrs): $500+$250 Deposit
❑ Ballroom Full Day (up to 12 hrs): $600+$250 Deposit – Half Day (up to 4 hrs): $300+$250 Deposit
❑ Parlor Full Day (up to 12 hrs): $300+$75 Deposit – Half Day (up to 4 hrs): $150+$75 Deposit
❑ Kitchen Full Day (up to 12 hrs): $100 – Half Day (up to 4 hrs): $50
❑ Piano: $25
❑ Required Custodial Services: $20/hour (Set up & Take Down/Clean Up Fee)
TOTAL: _______ Refundable Amount: _______
The Board of Trustees of The Arts Castle reserves the right to refuse or terminate the use of the facility by anyone.
* If the renter is a company, the rental agreement should be signed by the president of the organization or by an authorized party.
** Caterer’s proof of insurance must accompany this application. We request that the caterer has a General Liability Limit of $1,000,000 and that the Delaware County Cultural Arts Center is included as an additional insured.